Pre-Review: Asterisk

Florian La Roche laroche at redhat.com
Mon Apr 4 14:36:35 UTC 2005

> yum/smart should focus on macro decisions such as: I upgrade 2.6.11 ->
> 2.6.11.5 and I want to bring all my kernel add on modules up to date to
> the latest kernel.  Axel brought this up on the smart list and it might
> be on the roadmap.

Might make sense to implement some of these decisions only in the tool doing
the updates, but without adding changes to the binary format of packages.
Additional tag are then easy to set, but at least for testing purposes additonal
data can just as well go into additional config files to watch these things
working for some time.

greetings,

Florian La Roche