Request for Review: enemies-of-carlotta

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Tue Apr 5 20:49:07 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-05 at 15:41 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:

> >>IMO, certainly not.  If anyone doesn't-like/is-offended-by
> >>politically-incorrect software "foo" in Extras, they have the right to
> >>not use it and/or take their issues upstream.
>
> > I will note that software has been previously purged from RH
> > distributions for being "incorrect" (e.g. "bitchx").
>
> We're not talking about a commerical RedHat distribution, nor even
> Fedora Core here, but Extras.

Well bitchx was also removed b/c it was broken and did kinda nasty
things for the user who didn't configure it to the Nth degree.

oh and i think unicode brokenness was the 'official' reason it got
pulled.

Nevertheless, I say something like enemies-of-my-mom or whatever is fine
- if the upstream author gets a lot of abuse, well, that's his/her
problem and I won't even remotely feel bad about it. :)

-sv