Request for Review: bioperl and its dependancies

Hunter Matthews thm at duke.edu
Wed Apr 6 16:59:17 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 11:47, José Pedro Oliveira wrote:
> Hunter,
>
> A couple of notes about the specfiles:
>
> * License
>
>   License: GPL or Artistic

I was unaware perl was dual licensed. Ok - fixing now.

> * URL
>
>   If the module is available in CPAN don't use a URL
>   that contains the author id and the module version.
>
>   Example:
>   Use
>     http://search.cpan.org/dist/Heap/
>   instead of
>     http://search.cpan.org/~jmm/Heap-0.70/

I was using the urls provided when I searched cpan itself.

Is this requirement documented anywhere?

>   By the way you need to update Heap to version 0.71.

It was current when I started. :)
Ok, I'll upgrade it.

> * Source tarball URL
>
>   If the module is available in CPAN there is a shorter URL.
>
>   Example:
>   use
>   http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/J/JM/JMM/Heap-0.70.tar.gz
>   instead
>   http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/J/JM/JMM/Heap-0.70.tar.gz

Again, these came from doing a simple cut-n-paste from searching
CPAN.

Is this other url form requirement documented anywhere?

> * %build section
>
>   When a module is noarch you can drop CFLAGS and OPTIMIZE.

That was just included boilerplate, I'll try to remember to remove it in
the future. Fixing.

--
Hunter Matthews                          Unix / Network Administrator
Office: BioScience 145/244               Duke Univ. Biology Department