Whether tis nobler to break backwards compat or upstream compat...

Michael Peters funkyres at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 05:34:14 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 19:00 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> I know to little about php3/php4/php5 to judge if this decision is
> reasonable wrt. php.

When migrating from php3 to php4 and stuff broke, we had both php3 and
php4 installed - with the appropriate module being used depending upon
the configuration for the directory - so they are parallel installable
(at least were for php3 and php4)

Then the web team cleaned up the rest of the code that php4 didn't like.