Fedora Extras: Get involved more easily!

Gijs Hollestelle g.hollestelle at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 17:55:36 UTC 2005

On 4/19/05, Jochen Schmitt <Jochen at herr-schmitt.de> wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 17:40:56 -0500, you wrote:
>
> >  With regards to "Re: Fedora Individual Contributor License Agreement".
> >  Your message could not be processed.
> >  Reason The signature's username did not match the e-mail address on file.
>
> I have filled out the CLA and make the .asc file with
>
> $ gpg -a --sign <filename>
>
> described in the message, I got from the admin application.
>
> I was wondering, that the produced .asc file only contains a
> base64-encoded chunk.
Hi Jochem,

That's normal it also happend when I signed it, to view the contents
use gpg --decrypt file.asc. It should show the contract followed by:
gpg: Signature made ...
gpg: Good signature from ...

I wonder why the --clearsign option isn't used, that way the resulting
file would look more like a signed document to a human reader.

Greets,
  Gijs