wxWidgets and gcc4

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Apr 20 00:58:27 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 19:50 -0500, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:
> The issue has been fixed, but the maintainer *cough* hasn't scheduled a
> new devel build, or closed the ticket (or touched the ticket).

If Extras is going to be workable, this kind of thing needs not to
happen. I don't want to pick on one maintainer in particular -- I'm
fairly crap as a maintainer too at times. But maintenance internally is
a little more of a shared task, so I know that if I'm slack, someone
will often fix stuff up for me anyway.

If the package is important enough that someone else actually cares,
then let them fix it without waiting for the 'real' maintainer. If so
few people care about the package that it has to wait for the maintainer
to get round to it, then perhaps that package isn't really something
that should be in Extras?

P'raps we need a two-tier Extras -- a first tier for those packages
which are maintained along similar lines to the packages in Core, and a
second for the more esoteric and less actively maintained packages?

--
dwmw2