GPG signature issue (was Re: Fedora Extras: Get involved more easily!)

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Thu Apr 21 21:28:13 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 23:17 +0200, Enrico Scholz wrote:
> jeff at ocjtech.us ("Jeffrey C. Ollie") writes:
>
> >> Hmmm... Having a problem with the CLA process.  First of all, the system
> >> does not appear to handle GPG-signed email messages.
> > Well, I think that I solved my problem.  It seems that the automated
> > system has problems with GPG keys that have multiple IDs.
>
> Which keyserver is used by the system? Fedora doc refers to pgp.mit.edu
> which should not be used nowadays anymore as it can does not work with
> subkeys. A modern SKS keyserver like 'sks.keyserver.penguin.de' should
> be used instead of.

I have the same problem.
My key was originally generated with an e-mail address I seldom use (but
still own, only access through webmail)

Can the docs be updated to detail this scenario and what to do about it?
I assume I will have to submit my key to a different keyserver?

The keyserver I am with now happens to be the one Fedora Extras
documents speak of, but if it doesn't work, then should the docs refer
to one that does?

my key was originally attached to buildmaster at mpeters.us for a small yum
repository I maintain.

I then added mpeters at mac.com which is the address I primarily use for
e-mail.

The message I got back from Fedora -

With regards to "Re: Fedora Individual Contributor License Agreement".
Your message could not be processed.
Reason The signature's key ID did not match the key ID on file.

Is there a bugzilla for this?