Review needed: netspeed_applet

Per Bjornsson perbj at stanford.edu
Fri Apr 22 16:13:42 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 09:56 -0500, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 07:44 -0700, Aaron Kurtz wrote:
> > Mmm, my wireless card at wlan0 gets the squiggle. Is your atheros a eth?
> > card? Either way, you might want to mention it to the developer.
>
> My centrino (eth1) gets the network card icon. I wonder if its merely
> determining icon off device name, and not what that device name actually
> is.

The Atheros Madwifi driver enjoys being special and calls the device
ath0. It really sounds like "known names" (wlanX for the wireless case)
get specific icons and the others get the network card by default. I'll
bring this up with the developer.

/Per

--
Per Bjornsson <perbj at stanford.edu>
Ph.D. Candidate, Department of Applied Physics, Stanford University