libvisual (and question about gstreamer-plugins)

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Wed Apr 27 12:29:27 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-26 at 04:16 -0700, Michael A. Peters wrote:

> There is a hitch with it - it libvisual-plugins package does not compile
> with gcc4.

Problem solved.
Only one plugin (infinite) has a problem with gcc4.
So this weekend I'll clean up my spec file and submit it for review.

-=-

I also will want to submit a specfile for gstreamer-plugins-libvisual

I'm building it using the "patent cleansed" gstreamer-plugins tarball
from the rawhide gstreamer-plugins src.rpm

AFAIK there is no full path url to use for source0.
Is it OK to indicate in the spec file that the sources

Source0: gst-plugins-%{version}.patched.tar.bz2
Source2: patch-tarball.sh
Source3: removed-sources.txt

come from the fedora rawhide src.rpm as far as upstream md5sum checking?

The gstreamer-plugins-libvisual package gives immediate benefit to
totem, I am not aware of any other applications that can use the plugin
(at least that ship with Fedora) - but it's nice to use in totem.