Sponsor request: descent (d1x)

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Thu Apr 28 20:02:25 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 21:43 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anyone agrees that descent (the 3d shoot em up) is great and belongs in
> extras (iow wants to sponsor me)?
>
> There has been a free (opensource) release of the descent engine and
> this has been ported to linux and enhanced under the name of d1x:
> http://d1x.warpcore.org
>
> I know it needs shareware datafiles, this has been looked at by legal as
> requested by me and according to:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingGuidelines
> shareware datafiles are ok as long as they are freely redistributable.
> Atleast I assume the text about shareware was added because of my
> request to look into this, a reply to my original mail pointing at this
> would have been nice.

Yes, this was a result of that thread, sorry for not replying to your
original mail. It was an oversight on my part.

Post a link to the SRPM, and I'll review it. Also, you'll need to make
sure that the distribution permissions for the shareware datafiles are
included within the SRPM in writing.

Thanks,

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Sales Engineer || GPG Fingerprint: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!