Suggestion: quilt

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Fri Apr 1 02:21:02 UTC 2005

Howdy,

I built a package for quilt that I think should be up to Extras
standards.  I believe I have a sponsor already, but I'm still firming
some things up with my employer before submitting my papers for CVS
access.

The scripts allow one to manage a series of patches by keeping track of
the changes each patch makes. Patches can be applied, un-applied,
refreshed, etc.

The key philosophical concept is that your primary output is patches.
Not ".c" files, not ".h" files. But patches. So patches are the first-
class object here.

Quilt was originally based on Andrew Morton's patch scripts published on
the linux kernel mailing list a while ago, but were heavily modified
since then.

The package and spec file can be found here:
http://jdub.homelinux.org/files/

thx,
josh