Review: Epylog

Konstantin Ryabitsev mricon at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 03:17:15 UTC 2005

On Apr 1, 2005 10:00 PM, Jeff Sheltren <sheltren at cs.ucsb.edu> wrote:
> Hi Icon, I'm no expert, but it looks good to me.  Builds cleanly on my FC4
> box.  I am a bit confused about the --with-lynx passed to configure - what
> does that do?  I erased the elinks package and it still seemed to build fine
> with that option...

It's a sane default setting. Epylog has an option of generating
text-only reports (as opposed to just HTML reports), but to go from
html to text it requires a lynx-compatible browser, like elinks, w3m,
or, well, lynx. By default, only HTML reports are generated, which is
why there is no elinks dependency in the RPM, but should folks desire
to have text reports, they are much more likely to have elinks
installed than lynx or w3m. Besides, without that option specified,
the configure script will try to find it on the system and error out
if neither lynx, links, nor w3m are found (which is probably a silly
behavior in itself, I'll look into modifying that).

Regards,
--
Konstantin Ryabitsev
Zlotniks, INC