Review Needed: autossh, bwm-ng, colortail, htop

Iago Rubio iago.rubio at hispalinux.es
Tue Apr 5 20:51:56 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 21:19 +0200, Dag Wieers wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Apr 2005, Iago Rubio wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 11:57 +0200, Adrian Reber wrote:
> > > I would like to import following packages into CVS.
> > >
> > > http://lisas.de/~adrian/rpm/autossh-1.3-1.src.rpm
> > > http://lisas.de/~adrian/rpm/bwm-ng-0.5-3.src.rpm
> > > http://lisas.de/~adrian/rpm/colortail-0.3.0-1.src.rpm
> > > http://lisas.de/~adrian/rpm/htop-0.5-2.src.rpm
> > >
> > > All this packages are from Dag and I would like to keep the specfiles as
> > > close as possible to Dag's version if possible.
> >
> > It will depend on how close Dag's spec files are to Fedora's packaging
> > guidelines.
>
> Please look at them and then comment. I'm open to improve it where
> necessary.

Please Dag, no offense. I just pointed there's no way of maintaining
spec files on Fedora close to X third party repository ones, if X spec
files does not matches Fedora's guidelines.

I was not commenting on the quality of your spec files, nor in how close
they're to Fedora's guidelines.

I just meant Adrian's wills of maintaining the spec files as close as
possible to X version, will just depend on how X version spec files
matches the Fedora's guidelines.

If X-repo specs matches the Fedora's guidelines, there'll be no problem
on maintaining them exactly as they're. If they does not match Fedora's
guidelines, they should be changed despite of where they came from.

ITOH I should admit my message was not as constructive as I'd like it to
be, and its lack of explanations could let you think I was saying your
packages are not of enough quality to be pushed onto Fedora.

I'm sorry for this, and it was not my intention at all.

I also may say, I didn't checked the spec files, and you're right in
your assertion on "look at them and then comment".

I will do it.

Said that, I still think that none should advocate to maintain specs on
Fedora close to third party ones, if those third parties does not match
Fedora's packaging guidelines.

Of course I'm not speaking about your repository.

I hope you could understand what I mean.
--
Iago Rubio