Handling of Bugzilla entries as a maintainer.

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Wed Apr 6 11:56:10 UTC 2005

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 13:29:14 +0200, Ralf Ertzinger wrote:

> Hi.
>
> So I just got the first bug assigned to a package I maintain in FE. I have done
> plenty of bugs from the reporter side, but this one is new to me. Is there
> anything special to be done before closing a bug (the solution of this special
> case is clear to be)? What about QA?

No special requirements so far. If you have doubts, request comments by
posting to this list (as you've done).

The RFE bug you refer to could be closed as DEFERRED, because a FLAC
plugin for BMP does not exist (except for a hacked unofficial XMMS FLAC
plugin). It's nothing you can fix unless you choose to do a port of the plugin
yourself or extract and package the hacked plugin as an experimental
"bmp-flac".