xmms-artsplugin

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Wed Apr 6 18:26:59 UTC 2005

seth vidal wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 11:41 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
>
>>While we're on xmms, IMO, xmms' artsplugin should either:
>>1.  Be packaged separately (preferred)
>>2.  Be a subpackage.

> why?

IMO,
1.  It's a separate tarball, it should be a separate package.
2.  As is, requires hackery in the xmms specfile to use the just-built,
but not-yet installed xmms-devel files.
3.  It adds a dependancy on arts, which not all folks want/need (unless
it has been upgraded to the artsplugin-0.7.1 that is)... ( and AutoReq:
No shouldn't be used either)
4.  When/If artsplugin is ever upgraded, won't require a rebuild of the
entire xmms.

(Most of the same arguments can be made for packaging xmms-skins
separately too, especially since it can be .noarch and be shared among
all archs).

-- Rex