Review needed: notecase

Toshio toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Thu Apr 7 01:56:55 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 18:07 -0400, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 16:30 -0400, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> > On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 15:34 -0400, Toshio wrote:
> > > * Except for prefix, paths in Notecase's build are hardcoded into the
> > > Makefile.
> >
> > Lovely. Okay, let me look into this.
>
> *sigh*
>
> "LD=$(CXX) $(DEBUG) $(PROFILE) -L/usr/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -ldl -export-
> dynamic"
>
> How would I handle this for 64-bit builds? "make LD=...
> -L%{_prefix}/X11R6/%{_lib} ..." in the spec file?

I'm very tired from not having slept enough yesterday so I could have
missed something important, but I just test built the srpm from CVS on
an FC3 x86_64 box and it went smoothly.  ldd of the resulting binary
shows that notecase successfully linked against the /usr/lib64/ versions
of libraries.  My guess is that the gcc toolchain knows to
search /usr/lib64 and /usr/X11R6/lib64 for libraries and it pulled
things in automatically  (Maybe with some help from the gtk pkg-config
flags.)

I noticed several gcc warnings that I think can be fixed by changing
int/unsigned int's into long/unsigned long's.  Too tired to test changes
ATM, but some of them do look to need fixing in order to make notecase
run correctly on 64 bit.

-Toshio
--
toshio \ "A lasting friendship is one where you never expect anything,
 @tiki  \  always working to make the friendship better.  A good friendship