Jabber Server?

Adrian Reber adrian at lisas.de
Thu Apr 7 06:15:50 UTC 2005

On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 07:27:38PM +0200, Adrian Reber wrote:
> This would be no problem. I just thought that I can add another option
> to sysconfig/jabberd which toggles if c2s should be started as root or
> as the jabber user. Default would be to start it as jabber and if it is
> required (as in my case) it would be necessary to change it in this
> file. Would this be an acceptable solution?

I have now checked in a version with this behaviour. Is this better or
should I just drop the whole thing and just use saslauthd. What I like
about the current solution is that I jabberd can be installed and it
works without the need to change anything if pam without shadow is used.
If pam with shadow is used it is necessary to change a line in
sysconfig/jabberd and it should work. If any other authentication
mechanisms is desired the user has to configure something of course but
to get a working jabberd it is just install it and you're done.

		Adrian

--
Adrian Reber <adrian at lisas.de>            http://lisas.de/~adrian/
Steinbach's Guideline for Systems Programming: