Request for Review: bioperl and its dependancies

Hunter Matthews thm at duke.edu
Thu Apr 7 23:48:02 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 01:08, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 12:59 -0400, Hunter Matthews wrote:
> > On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 11:47, José Pedro Oliveira wrote:
> > > Hunter,
> > >
> > > A couple of notes about the specfiles:
> > >
> > > * License
> > >
> > >   License: GPL or Artistic
> >
> > I was unaware perl was dual licensed. Ok - fixing now.
> Well, Perl is dual licensed, but individual modules aren't necessarily.
>
> Some of them are pure GPL, some of them are pure Artistic and some of
> them come under other licenses. In theory you'll have to look up each
> module's licensing anew.

I originally checked when I created each spec file, and unless I missed
one, each was "under the same license as perl" or words to that effect -
which is why I put artistic on each one.

I've corrected all the spec files to now say "GPL or Artistic"

--
Hunter Matthews                          Unix / Network Administrator
Office: BioScience 145/244               Duke Univ. Biology Department