Request for Review: bioperl and its dependancies

Hunter Matthews thm at duke.edu
Thu Apr 7 23:52:22 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 06:09, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> > > I was using the urls provided when I searched cpan itself.
> > >
> > > Is this requirement documented anywhere?
> >
> > I am not aware about such a requirement. But even if, this should be
> > reconsidered.
>
> There is no such requirement.
>
> This shows that even without a "QA checklist" different reviewers suggest
> different changes based on personal preference, aesthetics or special
> expertise. And I'm afraid, that won't change ever. Unless we return to
> fedora.us style of marking items as "blockers" and "non-blockers" (or
> "suggestions"/"hints", respectively).

Sigh.

I needed to go through and fix the license tags on all those spec files
(as documented elsewhere) but had this been the only review "suggestion"
i'd be mightly irritated at "fixing" something that wasn't broken.

Can we please slug
"required -violates wiki/foo/blarg#whatever"
"suggested -nicer to QA people"
"personal pref -your typical spec file is crap, and you're stupid"

or something to each recommended change in a review? As a potential new
contributor, see-sawing back and forth between different review
preferences makes me not want to do something else instead.

--
Hunter Matthews                          Unix / Network Administrator
Office: BioScience 145/244               Duke Univ. Biology Department