Laptop-mode-tools, and self-reintroduction

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Sun Apr 10 09:33:43 UTC 2005

Per Bjornsson wrote:

> OK. To me it seemed like that thread mostly dealt with suspend-to-RAM, I
> didn't realize that other power related stuff was involved. As far as I
> can tell, fixing up STR seems pretty orthogonal to saving power while
> the computer is awake but it would certainly make sense to deal with all
> power management stuff in an organized fashion.

Woops, I should have actually read the code in the tarball.  I guess it
is pretty orthogonal, however let's be sure each piece fits.  Maybe it
would be appropriate to put both STR and laptop-mode scripts into FC4 Core.

Hmm with laptop_mode engaged, does it properly sync before going into
suspend?  Suspend is often hazardous and it could very easily kill 10
minutes of data. =)

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com