irssi build failure examined

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Mon Apr 11 21:02:51 UTC 2005

The new Perl version in FC4 Development introduces a new "config.h" file
in /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.6/i386-linux-thread-multi/CORE, which is included
instead of irssi's own config.h file, because the Perl CORE headers path
is added via -I/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.6/i386-linux-thread-multi/CORE.

When I've seen something like that before with a project, an obvious fix
was to rename config.h with automake's AM_CONFIG_HEADER macro and avoid
the naming conflict. This could be done by irssi upstream, too.

Any other ideas?