Fedora Extras Development Package Report

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Tue Apr 12 13:51:20 UTC 2005

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 15:28:30 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> Am Dienstag, den 12.04.2005, 09:09 -0400 schrieb seth vidal:
> > > I've created a Wiki page for tracking which packages need to be
> > > fixed:
> > >
> > >   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/FC4RebuildFailures
> > cool
>
> Yes and no -- should we move the Build error from
>
> http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras_2fFC4Status
>
> over to the new page to have all in one place?

The one thing I don't like about the current FC4Status and FC3Status pages
is that they are sort of "abused" as some kind of bugzilla system, with
comments being added somewhere in the middle, which make the page
difficult to read.

As soon as permanent problems with a package are discovered, either the
packager ought to track this problem privately while it is being worked on
or a bugzilla ticket ought to be opened.

The primary purpose of the FC4RebuildFailures page is only to not lose
this list of failed rebuilds, as I suspect that only few of the build
problems are in bugzilla already.

If any not easy to fix build failure is found, bugzilla would be the right
place where to track it.