Fedora Extras Development Package Report

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Tue Apr 12 17:26:52 UTC 2005

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 12:00:47 -0500, Jeffrey C. Ollie wrote:

> On Tue, 2005-04-12 at 15:51 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> >
> > The one thing I don't like about the current FC4Status and FC3Status pages
> > is that they are sort of "abused" as some kind of bugzilla system, with
> > comments being added somewhere in the middle, which make the page
> > difficult to read.
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > If any not easy to fix build failure is found, bugzilla would be the right
> > place where to track it.
>
> Perhaps the mythical automatic build system needs to automatically
> create a bugzilla entry and attach the build log if a build failed.

No. Returning build failure logs to the person, who requested a build,
would be sufficient. That would make trial-and-error builds possible - but
we don't do these until automated builds are available. Getting assigned
an automated bugzilla ticket for every failed build, would increase
bugzilla maintenance overhead.

Preferably, every build/rebuild is requested by a human-being and
every package has at least one developer taking care of it and keeping
it prepared during the Fedora Core Test Release cycle.