Preview: Verbiste

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Tue Apr 12 21:43:43 UTC 2005

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 14:43:22 -0400, Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:

> Hello, all:
>
> I've created the packages for verbiste. There is one thing that
> concerns me: the "make install" step installs files into
> /usr/share/verbiste-0.1 and into /usr/include/verbiste-0.1. Is having
> a "0.1" in the directory name a problem? It can probably be patched
> out, but at the cost of diverging from the upstream. To my knowledge
> this doesn't really affect anything, just is kinda silly.
>
> http://phy.duke.edu/~icon/misc/fedora-extras/verbiste-0.1.10-1.src.rpm
> http://phy.duke.edu/~icon/misc/fedora-extras/verbiste.spec

%package devel
Group:          Development/Libraries
Requires:       %{name} = %{version}, libxml2-devel

Requires: %name = %{version}-%{release}

would be safer and ensure that -devel package and main package are
really always in sync (which is a good thing because the -devel package
defines an API and depends on the main package).