Request for Review: Bazaar-NG (and need a sponsor)

Jeffrey C. Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Wed Apr 13 04:03:43 UTC 2005

Since there is a renewed interest in source code management systems, I
thought that it would be appropriate to include some more of the
alternative SCMs in Fedora Extras.  That will definitely make it easier
for people to evaluate which SCM they would like to use for their own
use, as well as make it easier for people to participate in the
development of projects that don't use CVS or Subversion.  Ultimately,
I'd like to see most of the SCMs with Fedora Extra-compatible licences
included.  However, I thought that I'd start with Bazaar-NG:

SRPM: http://www.ocjtech.us/bzr-0.0.3-0.1.src.rpm
SPEC: http://www.ocjtech.us/bzr.spec

It has a dependency on python-elementtree, which AFAICS is in CVS for
FC3 extras but has not been built yet.

Jeff Ollie