sqlite update plans (was: Re: APPROVED: sqlite)

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Wed Apr 20 15:19:31 UTC 2005

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote :

> So after some thinking here then is my plan of attack:
>
> 1) Reimport the sqlite-2.8.16-1 package as sqlite2-2.8.16-1.
> 2) Provide a patch for kannel for it to use sqlite2.
> 3) Reimport the python-sqlite package as python-sqlite2 and have it
> obsolete anything older than or equal to the current python-sqlite
> package.
> 4) Import the python-sqlite package from Rawhide and have the devel
> branch pruned once it's synced for FC3.

Silly question : Why not just stick with sqlite 2.x in FC3 and concentrate
on providing a working upgrade path for FC4? (like have an sqlite2
obsoleting sqlite <= 2.x, rebuild as many packages against sqlite 3 if
that's possible w/ easy fixes or patches or updates...)

Matthias

Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC3
Load : 0.12 0.25 0.61