development: alsaplayer needs rebuild

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Thu Apr 21 07:51:51 UTC 2005

Marius Andreiana wrote :

> I wanted to fill this in bugzilla, but there's no alsaplayer package at
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=Fedora%
> 20Extras&

That's because it went "bye bye" :-/
It requires to be built with libmad to be able to play mp3's, so the
easiest was to just drop it and let it be provided from elsewhere. If you
really want to try to have it back in Extras, take a look at how hard it
would be to just disable the mp3 support in the main package (no need to
even patch code out it seems) and provide the libmad decoding part from
elsewhere (I don't remember if alsaplayer is modular, though).

Matthias

Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC3
Load : 0.03 0.06 0.07