Review Needed: sqlite2

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams ivazquez at ivazquez.net
Thu Apr 21 12:07:22 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-21 at 13:29 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 13:12:31 +0200, Matthias Saou wrote:
>
> > Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote :
> >
> > > Here's the spec file modified from sqlite in Extras to become sqlite2.
> > > The sources and patches are the same as found in the existing
> > > sqlite-2.8.16-1 SRPM.
> > >
> > > http://fedora.ivazquez.net/files/sqlite2.spec
> >
> > Diff'ing it, the few changes seem sane.
> > But at the same time, I realized that the sqlite in FC-3 is still version
> > 3. Will you fix that by changing it back to version 2 and leaving the FC-3
> > branch alone?

I am actually going to leave it alone for now. The sqlite2 package
obsoletes the sqlite-2.8.16 package, so having the sqlite package remain
2.8.16 is pointless should the sqlite2 package be branched to FC-3,
which is what will be required in order to provide a clean upgrade to
FC4 re kannel and moodss. But one step at a time.

> > I'm also asking because you dropped the epoch again etc. so
> > I guess you based this spec on the FC-2 one and not the previous FC-3
> > which had already been cleaned up, which is a bit of waisted work.
>
> Looks like a diff against FC-3 sqlite-2_8_16-1. The more recent one
> is
>
>   cvs co -r sqlite-2_8_16-2 sqlite
>
> which should contain Matthias' cleanup changes.

Yeah, my bad. I have now rediffed it against 2.8.16-2. I did drop the
"rebuilt" changelog entry though.

> Missing "Obsoletes" for the -devel and -tcl sub-packages.

Fixed.

--
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <ivazquez at ivazquez.net>
http://fedora.ivazquez.net/