Request for Review: blacs, scalapack, R-RScaLAPACK

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Fri Apr 22 00:46:05 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-21 at 11:05 -1000, Warren Togami wrote:
> Hi Ed, could you please correct your system clock and/or timezone?  You
> appear to be posting from 8+ hours in the future.

OK, its fixed for now.  Sorry.

> p.s. Please package your time machine, if it isn't encumbered by
> software patents.  Or go back in time and patent it yourself.  Oh and
> please patent MPEG and MP3 while you're there.

Ha!  Don't we all wish!  ;-)

And since you brought up the topic it is, in some sense, already
packaged.  Its called:

  kernel-2.6.10-1.770_FC3 + ThinkPad T42p + use of ACPI S3

and the above combo produces strange times every time I do a suspend and
resume cycle.  The problem is fixed in kernel-2.6.11-1.14_FC3 but that
kernel seems to cause occasional complete lock-ups that leave absolutely
no trace in /var/log/messages.

And yes, I know that these things should get added to bugzilla.  I'm
just utterly perplexed as to what I ought to put in a bugzilla entry
describing the lockups.  I'm hoping that some pattern will emerge so
that I can make some guesses as to whats triggering it.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
             Cambridge, MA 02139-4307