Review needed: netspeed_applet

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Fri Apr 22 14:56:22 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 07:44 -0700, Aaron Kurtz wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-04-21 at 15:03 -0700, Per Bjornsson wrote:
> > On Thu, 2005-04-21 at 14:19 -0700, Aaron Kurtz wrote:
> > > Renamed, obsolete/provides added, and Ignacio's points fixed. The new
> > > spec is at:
> > >
> > > http://rydia.hardsun.net:8080/gnome-applet-netspeed.spec
> >
> > Spec looks fine to me now, and it builds/installs/uninstalls cleanly as
> > far as I can tell here (not rebuilt in a clean build root though, I
> > don't have one accessible right now; this is on FC3).
>
> Good, anyone want to sponsor this package so I can shoot an APPROVED
> over to fedora-extras-commits?

E: gnome-applet-netspeed
zero-length /usr/share/doc/gnome-applet-netspeed-0.12/NEWS

Please take NEWS out of %doc, no need to drag 0 files around. :)

Make that minor change, and its sponsored by me.

> > Possibly something for upstream: It didn't seem to detect that my
> > Atheros wireless card was wireless, it just showed a normal ethernet
> > card icon (I think it's supposed to be some kind of squiggle?) Traffic
> > measurement worked fine though. This should certainly not be a blocker
> > for putting it in Extras.
>
> Mmm, my wireless card at wlan0 gets the squiggle. Is your atheros a eth?
> card? Either way, you might want to mention it to the developer.

My centrino (eth1) gets the network card icon. I wonder if its merely
determining icon off device name, and not what that device name actually
is.

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Sales Engineer || GPG Fingerprint: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!