Sponsor and review request: c-ares

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Fri Apr 22 18:09:56 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 13:57 -0400, Chris Ricker wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Apr 2005, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:
>
> > c-ares:
> > SPEC: http://www.auroralinux.org/people/spot/review/c-ares.spec
> > SRPM:
> > http://www.auroralinux.org/people/spot/review/c-ares-1.2.1-1.src.rpm
>
> Looks good to me, other than the license. It appears to be MIT,
> not LGPL.

> Also, is it necessary to include:
>
> %{_libdir}/libcares.la

Hi Chris,

I don't think the *.la file is necessary.  Under what circumstances
would anyone use it?

So the package looks fine to me.  The only nit I noticed was the lack of
a Summary: line for the non-devel package.

It also builds, installs, un-installs, and otherwise works-for-me on an
FC-3 system.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD