Octave-forge and legal issues

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Mon Apr 25 20:45:02 UTC 2005

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 13:19:10 -0500, Quentin Spencer wrote:

> OK, what about this:
>
> Source0:
> ftp://download.sourceforge.net/pub/sourceforge/o/oc/octave/%{name}-%{version}.tar.gz
> Source1:        %{name}-%{version}.patched.tar.gz
> Source2:        %{name}-mktarball.sh
> NoSource:       0

> %prep
> %setup -q -T -b 1
>

> The octave-forge-mktarball.sh does basically what you described. I'm not
> familiar with the use of NoSource--I figured this out just now from
> Maximum RPM. Is this the right approach? I haven't built the whole
> package, but this seems do to what I want.

The tarball specified as Source0 would be extracted and used for the
build, if available and if you didn't make %setup extract Source1 instead.
NoSource just excludes SourceX files from the src.rpm, but uses them
during rebuild, if available. The less complicated version would be this:

# ftp://download.sourceforge.net/pub/sourceforge/o/oc/octave/%{name}-%{version}.tar.gz
Source0: %{name}-%{version}.patched.tar.gz
Source1: %{name}-mktarball.sh

%prep
%setup -q

Btw, do the ftp:// SF.net locations still exist?