New Package Process

Ralf Ertzinger fedora at camperquake.de
Wed Apr 27 14:53:50 UTC 2005

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 10:09:01AM -0400, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:

> Let me sell a little bit of big picture here.
>
> How will we scale this project to a million packages?  Because that's the
> goal.  The goal of Fedora Extras, in my mind, is to provide all of the
> software in the world to all of the people in the world.  Nothing less.

Just a litte comment: debian has been trying to do this, and has come
to a screeching halt by now, failing to release a new stable version
for almost three years now, and steadily trying to replace Duke Nukem
Forever as the All-Time-Vaporware champion.

This may not be a problem now, but will be later, especially if
a) more architectures are added to FC
b) failing to build on one arch is a blocker

And all other things that may be said about debian nonwithstanding,
they do have procedures for everything.