Regarding noarch packages

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Thu Apr 28 19:30:29 UTC 2005

Hi,

While trying to rebuild a package on x86_64 development that requires
scons to build, I noticed that scons, which is a noarch packages, is only
present in the i386 directory, not the x86_64 one.

So I guess this is possibly just something seth missed if it's "manually
done" ;-) But otherwise, we may need some way of being sure that all
noarch packages appear for all archs, or maybe some way of letting the
tree populating script know on which arches a noarch package is relevant
(for instance, I have some firmware packages that are needed only for x86
hardware, so although they are noarch, they aren't relevant on other
platforms).

Matthias

Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC3
Load : 0.51 0.46 0.52