Fedora account

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Sun Aug 7 08:49:27 UTC 2005

I read through every message toward the approval of your icmpdn package,
and on multiple occasions it seemed to me that you simply did not read
the guidelines and procedures.

Sponsorship is a judgement that a sponsor member feels that you have
read and understand the packaging guidelines.  It is unclear to me that
you have read through the guidelines when I see that you were building
packages as root, as this is a fundamental error made very clear in
several areas of the documentation.  This would have been impossible if
you had followed the BuildRequires testing procedure using either
fedora-buildrpmtree or mock.

Perhaps you did subsequently read through all documentation, and if you
did so then I only ask that you demonstrate that understanding.

Please help to review packages submitted by other contributors.  If you
understand the packaging guidelines and give good advice to improve
other people's packages, then that is a good way of demonstrating your
understanding.  It is only fair to ask that you help in package reviews,
as several other Extras members were kind enough to spend time on your
package.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com