More buildsystem

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Wed Aug 10 22:56:35 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-10 at 16:13 -0600, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> Perhaps jobs that will be superseded should be killed.  On queue now is:
>
> 588  	highlight  	highlight-2_4_1-5_fc5  	building  	development
> Jochen herr-schmitt.de
> 591 	highlight 	highlight-2_4_1-6_fc4 	building 	4 	Jochen herr-schmitt.de
> 593 	highlight 	highlight-2_4_1-6_fc5 	building 	development 	Jochen
> herr-schmitt.de
>
> Surely 588 could be nixed since 593 will replace it?

Yes, something like this is planned for future releases.

This requires quite a bit of intelligence in the build server, which
isn't there yet.  We basically need to bring depsolving into the build
server, and to do that, we also need to know what repositories the
builders are using, what targets they are capable of building on, and a
few more things, so that we can figure out package inter-dependencies
and compare versions.  This would allow stuff like

(however, this could be done in a quick and dirty manner, but I'm not
sure its worth doing quickly or dirtily.  Package maintainers can for
the moment kill their previous builds, it's not too hard)

Dan