packaging firefox/mozilla plugins

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams ivazquez at ivazquez.net
Sat Aug 13 02:48:49 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-10 at 04:57 -0700, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Aug 2005, Patrice Dumas wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have searched on the wiki page and in the archives but I haven't found
> > anything explaining what are the requirements for web browser plugins.
> >
> > I would have expected something about the naming of the plugin, a requirement
> > to have a separate package for the plugin (or not), an indication on the
> > plugins directory, and maybe a scriptlet if it is required.
>
> See https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2005-June/msg01270.html
> Deer Park is in rawhide now so maybe it's time to discuss this in more
> depth?

That message covers extensions, not plugins. Myself, I name the plugin
package mozilla-foo (or foo-mozilla if there's a base foo package) and
put it in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins. No scriptlet is required, but the
user will have to close and reopen all Mozilla apps.

--
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <ivazquez at ivazquez.net>
http://fedora.ivazquez.net/