cpan2rpm builds & spec files

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Wed Aug 17 18:20:02 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-17 at 19:11 +0100, Gavin Henry wrote:
> Duncan Ferguson said the following on 17/08/05 19:02:
> > Is it acceptable to use cpan2rpm to make perl module spec and rpm
> > files?  There seems to be a lot of perl modules being made but nothing
> > seems to be mentioned about cpan2rpm?  Certainly nothing I can find on
> > the wiki about it.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> >  Duncs

> You can, but it's a bit broken at the moment. I look after the RPM in
> Extras and need to apply a user submitted patch.
>
> It's best to make them by hand, unless someone on the list can confirm
> otherwise.?

They're OK as a starting point but you'd probably be better off (and
will get fewer issues brought up in reviews) starting with the perl
module template from fedora-rpmdevtools.

The key point is that the module has to meet the guidelines and pass a
review; how it gets there doesn't really matter.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>