python package (smeg), x86_64 and /usr/lib64

John Mahowald jpmahowald at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 13:29:00 UTC 2005

My build of smeg failed. The buildlogs complain that it can't find the
file /usr/lib64/smeg. (%{_libdir}/smeg) That same log tells me it put
python stuff in /usr/lib/smeg, as per the python installer. I don't
have a 64 bit machine to test it on.

Looking at installed python apps on my system I can see that most have
a tree in /usr/share/ or are in a package in /usr/lib/python2.4

Looking at the PythonPackages docs on the wiki I see some helpful
defines but smeg seems to just dump stuff in /usr/lib/smeg.

 Suggestions?  I may have to patch this into a new location, and use
some sane import. Then I have to find a place for smeg.glade.