OT: Re: New package: libnjb

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Mon Aug 1 17:17:34 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-01 at 18:17 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> Besides these, further other minor issues (mostly personal preference)
> exist - Let me propose the patch below.

Using unnecessary variable defines annoys the crap out of me.

IMHO, there is no reason to do any of the following:

%define name    libnjb
%define        version 2.2.1
%define        release 1%{?dist}

Name:          %{name}
Version:       %{version}
Release:       %{release}

It's ugly, pointless, and clutters up the spec file.

Just use:

Name:		libnjb
Version:	2.2.1
Release:	1%{?dist}

Linus, this is not meant as an attack on you (or your package), but this
is something that I've been meaning to put into the guidelines for a
while (and I wanted to point it out on the list).

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Senior Sales Engineer || GPG ID: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!