Request for review: glpk

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Mon Aug 1 17:20:15 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-01 at 11:41 -0500, Quentin Spencer wrote:

> I agree, but this poses a bit of a problem. My indended application for
> this library is octave 2.9.x. The octave configure script can't find the
> headers if I move them into a subdirectory of /usr/include. I happen to
> know the main developer of octave uses Debian, and the Debian package
> for GLPK puts them in /usr/include like the upstream source. So, I would
> have to lobby for some or all of these upstream maintainers to change
> this, or I would have to maintain patches in octave to make this work.
> Does anyone know another way around this?

Ask the upstream maintainer first. If he's unwilling to move to the
subdir, you could patch configure to support "--with-glpk-includedir=",
then offer that to upstream as an alternative.

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Senior Sales Engineer || GPG ID: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!