Request for review: perl-BerkeleyDB

Steven Pritchard steve at silug.org
Mon Aug 1 21:43:17 UTC 2005

On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 07:02:21PM +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:
> Bad:
>
> Package description missing. I suggest:
[...]

Added.  Sorry about that.  When I saw the package in my ftp directory,
I assumed I'd finished it.  Apparently I was mistaken.  :-)

> Wrong permissions on documentation. Add to %prep:
> %{__chmod} -x Changes README

Done.

> Optflags missing from %build:
> %{__make} %{?_smp_mflags} OPTIMIZE="$RPM_OPT_FLAGS"

I'm still not convinced that it is a good idea to allow modules to
build with different optimization flags than perl itself, but I seem
to be the only one, so I've added it to this package (and to
cpanspec).

> For discussion:
>
> The files list results in the package owning %{perl_vendorarch}/auto;
> not sure if that's a good idea. I'd be inclined to replace:
> %{perl_vendorarch}/*
> with:
> %{perl_vendorarch}/BerkeleyDB*
> %{perl_vendorarch}/auto/BerkeleyDB

Done.

> Add BR: perl(Test::Pod) and perl(MLDBM) for better test coverage.

Done.

> Patch to spec attached. If you apply that, I'll approve.

I wish you'd said that sooner (or that I'd read the whole message
before making changes ;).  In any case, I think I got everything...

  http://ftp.kspei.com/pub/steve/rpms/perl-BerkeleyDB-0.26-2.src.rpm
  http://ftp.kspei.com/pub/steve/rpms/perl-BerkeleyDB/

Steve
--
Steven Pritchard - K&S Pritchard Enterprises, Inc.
Email: steve at kspei.com             http://www.kspei.com/