Request for review (round3): libxslt-plugin-regexp and libxslt-plugin-dates-and-time

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Tue Aug 2 16:04:12 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-01 at 21:19 -0400, joel reed wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 09:33:35PM -0400, joel reed wrote:
> > I posted a request for review on July 8th and July 16th, and received
> > helpful feedback from Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams and Rui Miguel Seabra.
> >
> > I believe I've addressed their concerns.
> >
> > The updated spec/rpm files can be found here:
> >
> > http://home.comcast.net/~joelwreed/libxslt-plugin-regexp-0.5-1.src.rpm
> > http://home.comcast.net/~joelwreed/libxslt-plugin-regexp.spec
> >
> > http://home.comcast.net/~joelwreed/libxslt-plugin-dates-and-times-0.2-1.src.rpm
> > http://home.comcast.net/~joelwreed/libxslt-plugin-dates-and-times.spec
> >
> > Do the spec files look good now?
>
> hmm, no feedback this time. can i assume they are now acceptable?

No, don't assume that.

In an initial look, I notice a couple of things.

- You really should consider using some newlines in the spec file. It
significantly helps legibility if you break it up into groups.

- If you want to set Prefix: (to make the package relocatable), you need
to have a good reason. Most likely, you just want to take that line out.

- I'm not sure why you're defining Docdir. Take that line out too.

- You need to include a copy of the MIT license as a %doc. This isn't in
the upstream package, but it almost definitely should be. The only bit
of sourcecode in the package says to look in the "Copyright" file for
the license. But... there is no Copyright file.

Please make those changes, then I'll re-review.

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Senior Sales Engineer || GPG ID: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!