downgrading mozilla

David Carlton carlton at bactrian.org
Thu Aug 4 16:21:16 UTC 2005

I had the bad luck to decide to upgrade from FC3 to FC4 (via yum) at a
time when galeon wasn't available.  While waiting for the blessed time
at which galeon will be rebuilt, what's the best way for me to
downgrade mozilla so that I can install the galeon package that is
available?

I tried 'rpm -ev mozilla{,-nss,-nspr}', but that triggered a
dependency chain that I didn't want to work through.  I assume that
almost all of those packages would be happier with the older version
of mozilla, but I'm not quite sure what the approved way is to
downgrade while making sure that dependencies remain satisfied.

Thanks,
David Carlton
carlton at bactrian.org