Cleaning up an old spec file

Quentin Spencer qspencer at ieee.org
Fri Aug 5 17:27:58 UTC 2005

Looking at the octave spec file, which has changelog entries going back
to 1997, there are some things that have been there for a long time
which I'm not sure are necessary. If anyone can help me answer some of
these questions, I'd appreciate it:

1. %define __libtoolize /bin/true
What does this do? It seems to override an rpm macro, but I'm not sure
why I would/wouldn't want it.

2. %ifarch s390
I guess this probably isn't needed for Fedora. Does RHEL still support
this arch? Is it worth retaining this type of thing for future support,
or is this obsolete?

3. export LC_ALL=POSIX (right before configure)
Why does this matter?

-Quentin