Build system - why kill other arch builds?

Bryan Stillwell bryans at aspsys.com
Wed Aug 10 20:31:52 UTC 2005

On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 04:23:59PM -0400, seth vidal wrote:
>On Wed, 2005-08-10 at 14:18 -0600, Orion Poplawski wrote:
>> It looks like when the build system encounters an error on one
>> architecture, it kills the builds on the other archs.  What is the
>> reason for this?  I would find it helpful to know if the build would
>> have succeeded on the other architectures.
>

>It does this so that we don't waste time on the builds of a failed
>package. Any arch failure for a package fails the other arches.

I'm with Orion on this one.  When debugging a problem with a package, it
definately helps to know if the problem is localized to an architecture
or if it's an arch-neutral problem.  Maybe this could be made
configurable?

Bryan

--
Aspen Systems, Inc.    | http://www.aspsys.com/
Production Engineer    | Phone: (303)431-4606