Build system monitor request

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Wed Aug 10 22:46:15 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-10 at 15:55 -0600, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> Could the Builder Status page be updated to show what job is being
> processed on the different machines?  Not surprisingly ppc1 appears to
> be falling behind (which could explain Seth's desire to kill failing
> jobs), but it would be nice to know how far.  Although I suppose this
> can be inferred from the Main page.

What metric would be used to determine "how far" a builder is falling
behind?  Are you thinking about a "there are 5 packages left in the PPC
architecture queue to build" display or something?  I'm not quite sure
what you mean here.

Be careful here though, we can't assign a "# left to build" count for a
_particular_ builder, because if you have more than 1 PPC builder then
that # becomes quite meaningless.  Packages build at different rates.

We can, however, get a count of the # of packages left to build on each
architecture with a bit of work.

> Also, I'd be interested in seeing (and writing) something that displays
> the differences between the build.log output on the various
> architectures, possibly with things like /usr/lib -> /usr/lib64,
> i386->x86_64->ppc ignored.  Is the source for the web pages available?

Yes, in Fedora Extras CVS:

http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/extras-buildsys/www/?root=fedora

> Finally, could the "Failed Builds" and "Successful Builds" be made to
> keep the ?email= arg?  Clicking there and back to My Packages looses my
> email.

I've fixed this in CVS, we just need to update the code running on all
the builders and the build server.

Dan