Core Packages (was Re: Wording of "Previously in Core" Procedure)

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Sat Aug 13 21:05:16 UTC 2005

After talking with Warren and Greg, we're eliminating the "Previously in
Core" loophole. In the past, packages which were in Fedora Core were
able to be imported into Fedora Extras without review. This is no longer
permitted. (This was never in writing, at least not anywhere I can see)

Just to repeat:

All packages MUST go through review before being committed into Fedora
Extras CVS. No exceptions.

Packages which were submitted previously to FE from FC are considered
"grandfathered", and do not require a review.

Thanks,

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Senior Sales Engineer || GPG ID: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!