Buildsys stuck?

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Sun Aug 14 09:42:12 UTC 2005

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 10:12:38 +0200, Andreas Bierfert wrote:

> Hm, it seems that the buildsystem is stuck with the current jobs. Any ideas?

Saw early symptoms of that late at night. While job 664 completed on ppc
for FC5 in 21 minutes and the same job for i386/x86_64 for FC3/FC5 took
only 12 minutes, job 665 on ppc for FC4 was still not done after half an
hour.  Hence I killed it as I wanted to push the pending FC4 packages. The
buildsys continued with job 666, a smaller one for Devel, and completed it
on ppc in 8 minutes. Thinking that the ppc build server was still working,
but maybe just handicapped, I re-requested the killed job, assuming it
might complete in sort of the same time as the FC3/FC5 jobs on
ppc. Meanwhile, a bunch of new build requests entered the queue, and I
decided to stop re-visiting the buildsys and to not push the pending FC4
builds while new packages were in progress.

Now it's clear that job 667 on ppc has not returned after many hours, and
jobs (668 and 671) are stuck on i386 (hammer2) in "prepping" state and
noarch (hammer3) in downloading state since last night.

Buildsys upgrade is near, so let's see what that will yield.