Best way to pull devel changes into release branches

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Wed Aug 17 23:46:22 UTC 2005

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 18:07:44 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> So I've done a bunch of work on my package, adding a bunch of files
> and deleting a bunch as well.  The release branches will need no
> modifications.  What's the simplest way to get everything copied over?

Whatever works for you. I prepare changes directly in a checked out cvs
module (= my local working) copy, and only need to commit when everything
is ready.

> Is this what cvs-import.sh was intended for?

It's a script for importing src.rpm packages.

> The Wiki says that it
> can only import on the devel branch but its help text seems to
> indicate otherwise.

One section in the Wiki says that the script can only create new modules
in the devel tree. It cannot create new branches like FC-4 or FC-3. Once
these branch directories exist, the script can import a src.rpm just fine.